Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Transformers Hype and Madness!

Been a week since Transformers 2 - Revenge of The Fallen has been playing in the local cinemas, I've yet to be able to get the tickets to the show times that i want. Darn TGV Aeon Bukit Tinggi cinema is just a stone's throw away from my office and i'm still having trouble getting the tickets. My colleague told me he had to buy the tickets, 3 days in advance and yet he still got the early show that starts at 7:45pm and not exactly the best seats as well.

Well, i've been a big fan of the cartoon series since the 80's and the Generation 1 (G1) times. I'm always glued to the tv every Saturday morning trying to catch the 30 minutes series when i was younger. Who can forget that red and blue truck - Optimus Prime? I can't remember how many times i begged my dad to get me the toy for my birthday during my younger days - to no vail.

All, the while i thought i've been through that stage and out grown the cartoon. Oh boy! How wrong i was in assuming that. When the movie first came out in 2007, my jaw dropped right down to the floor. Nevermind the cheesy storyline, the mare fact of seeing Optimus transform in the movie alone was enough to blow my mind away. The yearning for all things Transformer see me spending money to build up my collection of the toys. Damn it! I turned into an old little kid overnight. Imagine a dude my age hunting for them toys on ebay and in the local toy shops. You won't believe how many similar guys do the same thing as me - diehard and harcore fans.

This time around, i'm not gonna get so crazy on the toys part (i've got most of them anyways, especially the different versions of Optimus), but am still hunting high and low for the ticket for the sequel. Till then, it looks like i'll just have to watch more of the first movie on my Blu-Ray.

-Jon"Optimus Prime"C

2 comments:

Merryn said...

u're missing a whole lot of cleavage there! LOL..

Jon-C said...

*Ahem* thanks for the info. Kekekeke gonna watch it this wednesday with a couple of friends.