Monday, October 13, 2008

4 Bottles Of Johnny Walker: Black Label and 2 Buckets of Carlsberg Later, I Can't Figure Out If I'm 31 or 13.

It was an eventful weekend for me as i celebrated my 31st or was it 13th birthday. All is still a blur to me at the moment, hence the title above. I am still in a daze and having migraine due to lack of sleep and way too much alcohol consumed in the space of 2 days. So much for my intimate dinner and small gathering plans, it's was gonna be a pretty hectic and crazy weekend!

The whole thing started with a 2 hours session of futsal with the MyRAWK and LYN boys in PJ on Saturday evening. But, before that even begun, i had to endure a bad and weird traffic jam on my way towards the futsal place. If getting there was have the "fun," then, am i in for a big surprise! The rest of the boys couldn't make it in time as the traffic was bad enough and the roads were treacherous due to VERY bad visibility because of the heavy down pour. I swear i could see cats and dogs raining from up above! I could hear pipes and metal things getting flung around at the futsal place as there was a construction site next to the parking lot where i parked my car. We started playing at around 4:45 pm instead of the expected time of 3:30 pm - that really fooked up my already hectic schedule that originally gave me only 30 minutes to clean up and head back over to Klang.

Well, if ya wondering what's with the rush - i was supposed to meet up with my colleagues in Neway, Centro Klang at 6pm for karaoke and buffet dinner. I ended up showing up only at about 7:45pm after the footie ended at 6:45 pm. I also had to endure another traffic jam heading back to "Par Sang." Was bloody tired and hungry by then and was in panic mode as i feared i was not going to make it for the buffet only to realise later that the buffet ends only at 11 pm. But anyway, managed to ask one of my colleagues to keep some food for me just in case.

Not long after i arrived, the scary sight of 4 bottles of Black Label suddenly hit me. Shit! I'm in for a torrid night. There we about 15 of us and only about 12 of us that drank. Luckily, i paced myself and did not mix the booze with soft drink but only with plan water. I was not the biggest victim of the night though, as 3 of my other colleagues could hardly walk by the time the havoc was over at around 12:30 am. I was a 'lil light headed up till the near the end, until i was ask to do a chaser with a shot followed by beer. Thank goodness it kicked in only after i reach home - head was spinning but still managed to catch the 1st half of the WC Qualifiers - England vs Kazakhstan before i dozed off on me couch. Woke up next morning only to find out that i've got cake smeared all over me face, hair, shirt and jeans thanks to my colleagues.

The best surprised came when a good friend of mine showed up with a "gift" at my door step around lunch time yesterday - technically i did pay for the darn thing in the first place. It was the Onkyo TX-805 home theater amp that i had traded in my older hi-fi stuff for. I was grinning ear to ear while still in a state of blurness. Hooked up the bad-boy and had a bit of trouble setting it up before i put on Celine Dion's A New Day blu-ray ( yes i know it pretty lame, but you gotta admit her Las Vegas show was awesome!) Only had time to test out the new toy for a bit before i had to rush over to USJ for a friend's open house that was supposed to start at 5 pm.

While i was on my way there, had another big big surprised in the form of a long distance phone call from a dear friend and el-terrorista's wife in NZ (thanks ya! Really appreciate ya call all the way from down under) Met up my Friday night futsal gang there and we chatted and laughed till about 8 pm before 5 of us adjourned to Station1 in Taipan to have a few beers to celebrate my birthday. It was hard trying to down the 2 buckets of beers we ordered as all of us were stuff to the brim with the good food and countless cups of strawberry tea. Well, when guys gather and don't talk about sports, can ya guess whats the main topic was? Hehehehe, it was male bonding time. We finally left around 11:30 pm.

By the time i reached home, i was totally exhausted and extremely tired. Been a hell of a hectic weekend and it's been a while since i did so much running around. The excessive amount of alcohol still intoxicating my head and the tiredness, finally did me in this morning, as i have to call my office for a 1/2 day leave. Still suffering from migraine as i type this entry and so if ya find there's tonnes of typos, ya know the reason why. Irregardless, it was a kick-arse weekend! So thank you and hats off to all of you gals and guys who help made my 31st birthday a blast. I really appreciate all your good wishes and company.

5 comments:

anfield devotee said...

Happy belated B'day!

Celine Dion? Duuuuuuuuude, that's what me calls growing old fooking disgracefully.

What happened to "me alternative kid"? Haiyo, appalling la . . . And NO, Dion's Las Vegas shows were not da bomb . . .

senorita.. said...

Happy Belated Bday as well!

dude, awesome weekend shud have some awesome pictures...!

and male bonding time? hahaha... topic was about girls aint it? ;P

Jon-C said...

Thanks Ad and senorita.

AD, am not proud to be associated with C.D. but the disc was top notch quality demo material to test my HT setup so i bought it. Kekekekeke.

Ms. senorita, will try to pry some pics from my friends and upload 'em to me humble blog. And yup, the topic was girls and the "playing field tactics" wahahahaha!

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

talking about a hectic weekend, mine's awaiting, and i've declared my weekend is here already!

not gonna start on the celine dion bit. couldnt put it more accurate than what mr Bala had nailed.

happy belated birthday, brother.

as for your migraine, try this pill called Cafegot. it might reduce some of the pain when yo're having one.

Jon-C said...

Thanks for the tip mate. I'm cutting down on the Ponstan pain killers as i'm finding myself getting higher and higher dosage.