Monday, January 21, 2008

Warning: The Perils of Playing Footie!

Guess what, I got myself freaking injured again in a footie game! I'm turning into Harry "the injury prone Wizard of Oz" Kewell. Geeeeeeeeeezzzz! I've seriously lost count of how many times I've got meself crooked while playing footie the past 3 years.

This time, it's me left knee - suspected a ligament strain or a badly bruise knee. Got it after i was sent flying and tumbling; cue a not so fit guy somersaulting through the air, before i landed badly on me poor knee. All this happen when the game have barely restarted for the 2nd half, I lasted only 5 bloody minutes on the field as i was the sub!!!! Thank goodness i could still walk as those who witnessed it was pretty taken back. They kept asking me if I'm alright.

Me being the right back, was trying to guard the opponent's left winger who was charging towards the goal. I tried to block his path and we barged shoulder quite hard at full speed hence both fell. I took the brunt of the fall as he was literally leaning on me all the way. He went down first taking me with him. I was just about 2 meters from the damn goal post!!!! It was either i fly sideways or straight to the post.

Well, its off footie for the next week or two. More time for me to contemplate on me non-existence life on Saturday mornings or Friday nights. Till then, my bruise ego and me injured knee signing off.

1 comment:

anfield devotee said...

eh, unfit & old fookers like us should stay to non-contact sports such as DARTS!!!

Plus we get to thani at the sme time . . .