Monday, February 11, 2008

My CNY so far................. 11th Feb 08

It's the 5th day of the CNY. So far, it's been a rather subdued celebration due to fact that there was a few absentees and a few family members struck down by illness. One of me aunt and cousin was hospitalized. Another cousin and his family stayed in KL waiting for the birth of his child.

Wasn't an eventful drive along the coastal roads back to my hometown Sitiawan, Perak. Not that I'm complaining, it's nice having a quiet and stress free drive rather than be stuck in a damn traffic jam.

Most of my cousins are already working adults and they left pretty early; by the 2nd day, most have headed down to KL. I myself came back to the land of Bak Kut Teh; Klang on Saturday, the 3rd day instead of Sunday for the fear of the crazy massive traffic jam.

Other than that, was me usual CNY - stay home, eat and sleep. Managed to pay a visit to my God family who were busy as they run a few convenience stores in the seaside town of Lumut. It was the boarding point for those who visit Pulau Pangkor.

Speaking of which, for such a small town, I do wonder how on earth can it fit so many cars belonging to the tourists who are heading over to the island. What is more amazing, is the number of people visiting the island can actually out number those who actually reside in Pulau Pangkor itself. The ferries we filled to the brim and the hotels were fully occupied. Yet, the tourist kept on coming, so much so that the ferries had to stop their service for the fear of too many passengers boarding.

I swear, every year this is the only time, there's traffic jams in the center of the town. The numbers of outstation cars was mind-boggling. Even my usual watering hole back home was packed to the max. Imagine waiting in the fooking hot sun for a bowl of "chendol."

By the way, if you guys ever go to Sitiawan, Lumut and Pulau Pangkor, stop by the Hindu temple next to The Store right in the centre of Sitiawan town to try THE best "chendol" you'll ever taste. Look for the store where the owners are wearing red colored bow-ties. Yes, you heard it right - you're served by people wearing bow-ties. The store was featured in food guides in the local dailies a few years back. Trust me, you'll never regret it - I practically grew up on this stuff. ;0)

Well, it's time to get back to work before my lazy arse gets kicked. Till then....... enjoy your holidays for those still on leave.

1 comment:

anfield devotee said...

Happy new year dude.

Pls check out the Gauchos video I posted on me blog under the heading "The Kids Are Allrite".

Fooking awesome metal from a bunch of pre-teens who have taken youtube by storm.

Everyone is invited to have a look & I absolutely GUARANTEE the antics of the four-year old girl will have you in stitches!