Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Small Ants vs The "Impartial" Mass Media and $$$

Is it just me or is it just all this election fever going to my head? My blood really boiled over when i saw Barang Naik advertisements on the damn telly and Astro. I was going like are they insulting my intelligence?

Reading through ALL the state controlled media was a damn joke. If "impartial" reporting involves focussing 70% or more a damn article supposedly highlighting 2 young female candidates - Carol Chew ( "you know who"- DR Seputeh) and Hannah Yeoh (DAP - DUN Subang Jaya) to the "you know who" candidate, that just tells you how "impartial" our press are.

Seems to me the oppositions are really fighting against the entire world in their campaigns. Not only do they have substantially less exposure (but now somewhat leveled by the wonderful thing called internet), they have to battle on with less $$$ (I myself have donated a small token amount to the DAP fund, and contemplating to add more) and less manpower (no cronies and opportunist following them).

This reminds me of another disturbing thing i encountered during the CNY. A few of my family members received invitations to "you know who" open house in Sitiawan in envelops with "Urusan Seri Paduka Baginda" stamped on them. Inside there was a greeting card included along with the invitation card. The greeting card was from one of the ministry with a deputy minister from Sitiawan . So, i think you'll get my drift. What a convenient way to spread the festive cheer.

If you are able to browse to the blogs of the opposition candidates, you'll be able to find reports of sabotage to their campaign materials. I'm staying very near the Pandaraman area in Klang and the campaigning has been pretty feisty to say the least.

Its sad, how the hunger for power can really bring the "best" out of a human being. That being said, it's hard to fight the temptation when you have the power. Check out the Kennedy quotes below me blog to see why i have taken so much interest into politics (and specifically the oppposition) lately. They summarise why i rant so much extremely well.

It's time to say we've had enough. We want to change for the better. We want proper representation and not those "smarty pants" who sits around nodding their head to everything and only know how to retort arguments by uttering insults.

Just Change It!

No comments: