Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Handy DIY Re-deco Work - Living Room

Finally more or less 85% done with my re-deco job in me living room. Still got a bit of cleaning up to do to clear my old junks lying under me staircase. Also i might have been overly enthusiastic in Ikea and bought a way too big Lerberg coffee table (made out of steel) that do not match the whole look i am going for.

Here are a few pics of my handy work - all the wall shelves are mounted by me, all the lighting / wiring by me, all the potted plastic plants and also all the other deco items or center pieces using plastics / rubber foam lotus flowers, rock and pebbles is done by none other than me!


All of my stuff are bought from Ikea ( tables/shelves/candles/glass vases/ceramic tray/lights), Living Cabin and Parkson (decorative plastic plants) and *tada* of all places Giant (decorative rocks and pebbles). If ya wondering what the heck are those things in the shelves in the 3rd pic, they are actually my collection of Transformers toys. Hehehehe...... i know i'm still a kid albeit an old one. :0P

For those who are into audio visual stuff, yup the white thingy next to me Sony Bravia LCD TV is me fabled Playstation 3. ;0) I am still missing an a/v amp for my home theater ever since i sold off my old unit. Will get a replacement unit come this end of July in the KLAV show in JW Marriot. Forgot to mention i'm running a 7.1 surround setup. So any takers for a movie night in Klang in me pad?


The last 2 pics are the center pieces i created with rocks, white / black pebbles and those plastic / rubber foam lotuses. Any of you with a outdoor mini water fountain / fish pond / pool can actually get them to spruce it up as they can float! They come in 3 sizes - 10cm, 20cm and 30 cm.

Well, thats pretty much it for my diy re-deco job.

-JonC-

12 comments:

classyadele said...

oooh...someone has some classy taste! Very zen..me likey... :)

Jon-C said...

Tengkiu! Tengkiu! :0) I need some Zen and warmth back at me home to calm me down after work lar. Like to keep it simple.

Btw, the kiwi beer can cooler / holder is proudly displayed on the wall shelf on top of me tv. ;0)

anfield devotee said...

nice work dude.

RE: KLAV show. Shit . . . am so fooking tempted to say, jom, let's go. But it is super duper frustrating when me sees soemthing me likes & canna afford it . . . (sigh).

Last time mewent (years ago), was so blown away by a Kraken amp but didn't have the budget. Wifey (then galfriend) saw me drooling like a rabid dog & then had to deal with me disappointment has since banned me from these shows. . .

Jon-C said...

Thanks AD!

Kekekeke, i'm immune to the poison already. I only go there to get things that i want - this time an A/V amp. Got some good deals there lar but mostly older stocks.

U LP / record kaki right? Thanks goodness me not into it, if not sure die buying the hi-fi equipments for it.

anfield devotee said...

yup, me still is a firm believer in the power & majesty of vinyl!

Still run three turntables - Rega3, Ariston (yes, before they made washing machines, they made beautiful record players exclusively) & a Revolver.

Amd a collector so me is afraid will blow budget when faced with the record stalls at these shows.

But do call me when nearer date. Might still go with you. AV amp, fook that la, go fer an old-fashioned Class A amp with just two speakers & be thoroughly blown away!

Jon-C said...

Class A? Electricity tariff expansive lar now. Kekekekeke, i'll still like my movie in full surround!

I do like them tube amps..... geeez the warmth from them can melt your heart.

Will most probably go on sat morning and will give you a call lah once the date is nearer.

senorita.. said...

wahhhh... so when movie at ur placE? am curious though.. how much u spent?

i have a fren that stays 2 floors below me that has a vinyl player in her room.. and she has Beatles,Boy George etc etc records... she's a cool kid. i heard it play,it's awesome.. with nostalgic feel.

Jon-C said...

When ever you guys every come over to land of bak kut teh, give me ring for a movie session. Hehehehe!

I spent no more than 650 bucks for EVERYTHING i bought for this project. Took a good 2 months plus to gather all the stuff i needed. The only thing that cost me more than 100 bucks is the Ikea Lack LED lights. Not too bad right? Kekekeke.... i dread the cost involved if i did not DIY the whole thing.

Vinyl is very warm sounding, the best medium to play jazz music.... enuff said.

anfield devotee said...

JonC & Senorita: Wrong. Vinyl is the best medium to play EVERYTHING!

Bob Marley's Exodus sounds all that more special when heard on record. Obituary & Celtic Frost all the more brutal. And of course, Miles & Trane sound like they blowing up a storm in yer living room when heard on good old LPs.Sigh . . . really miss the days of record shopping . . .

Jon-C said...

Ello unker, me no play all those brutal brutal rock song lar. :0P

anfield devotee said...

That's why me also said Bob & Miles & Trane duuuudeee . . .

ps: Yo, am sure you can do better that just one measley posting a week rite . . .

Jon-C said...

Nothing interesting i want to talk about lar unker..... cannot always talk cock bout my frustration with my work right? Kekekeke or should i come out with the adventures at Beach Club? Wahahahahahaa. ;0)